My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Sunday, August 08, 2004

8-8-04 FreeGoodNews.com E-Letter

Contents:

1. Remarks about or first (3) TV shows

2. A slanderous ex-Christian website alert

3. Future http://www.freegoodnews.com/ plans

4. Help Request (progressive video downloads)

Hi-

Remarks about or first (3) TV shows. Yesterday Doug and I were in the TV studio and we taped (3) 1/2 hr. shows about the crisis in Israel (Israel vs. Palestinians). The tapes have been submitted for playback in Portland Oregon, and I'll let you know the schedule as soon as I get it. We are not on the side of the Israeli's or Palestinians, but on the side for God and peace (although it seems that Israel needs to back-off from their current terrorizing/occupying "crack downs"). There are groups working for peace and understanding between Israeli's and Palestinians, but it all comes to a grinding halt with Israel's incursions, curfews, etc. in the occupied territories and how they choke-off travel with "check-points".On each show, we had some scripture to bring to bear on the situation. The ultimate solution is to get everyone "in Christ." Barring that, the next best thing is teaching them love and forgiveness, trying to battle the urge for revenge and hate. Go to the website http://www.freegoodnews.com/ to find out how to get a free book, touching on these topics, in relation to Israel (it's offered by another ministry). It's very eye-opening, and you can see the power of the Gospel in changing lives.After the shows play on TV, I will put them on the web (in both video and audio formats). I plan on using a service that costs $300 per month to serve this video content (oneplace.com). Thanks to Luhr Jensen who helped us in the studio, and is my first official donor (he said he was moved by the shows).

A slanderous ex-Christian website alert. On an unrelated note, I visited a website for "ex-Christians." After posting a few messages, they banned my computer from access, then modified my messages to make me look dumb, narcissistic, and hate-filled. You can read my story about this experience here: http://www.freegoodnews.com/liars.htm . I'm still shocked that a webmaster would do that!

Future http://www.freegoodnews.com/ plans. I've got many more shows planned, in my head, to do soon. I think my method will be to tape a few on Sat. morning, then play them during the week. The goal is to bring the viewers closer to Christ through the truth of the Scripture.For corporation status, I've submitted the Articles of Incorporation for FreeGoodNews.com in Oregon. When I get confirmation, I'll apply for tax exempt status.

A Help Request (progressive video downloads): If you know what "progressive video download" means, and know how to do it on the internet, let me know. I need some help...

...Bernie

http://www.freegoodnews.com/


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home