My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Sat. 10-2-04 FreeGoodNews.com E-Letter No. 6

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Contents:
1. The Islam show.
2. Financial Update.
3. LDS Connection.
4. Halloween.
5. Free Bible software and study tools.

Hi friends-

Islam Show. Talk about weakness (see verse above)... Someone asked me how the show went. I gave it a 'D' grade; not for what it was, but what it could have been if I wasn't doing this as a part-time project. I'm learning I still need to scale back my expectations until I can do this full-time. This Scripture is encouraging for me-- the weaker I am, the more God is glorified... the more I realize I need God's help to carry out His work... Re-run dates and channels are posted on the web. We did one show, and two others that will be played later.

Financial Update. On the good side, my TV expenses for Oct.-Dec. are turning out to be less expensive than I forecasted, by a few hundred dollars (a misunderstanding of sorts). I think too many media ministries are corrupted with greed, so I posted my financials online, and hope to have the integrity to continue this practice as the ministry grows.

LDS Connection. I re-established contact with a representative of the LDS (Mormon) Church, and I look forward to doing another show with him. I did this a year or two ago. At that time, I gave him about five of my top concerns about the LDS church, in terms of theology, history, archeology, etc., and let him respond to each.Halloween. My next show, this Wed., is all about

Halloween. What are the origins? Can Christians participate? See my links for all the (free) info.

Free Bible software and study tools. I've been using e-sword, and I love it. It's totally free; just download it from the internet. Visit my "free" section of the web to get it yourself. Included in the tools are maps, Bible dictionaries, and commentaries.

...Bernie
http://www.freegoodnews.com/
"Providing free materials for spiritual growth"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home