My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Thur. 10-7-04 FreeGoodNews.com E-Letter No. 7

Deut. 18:10-12
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD…"

Contents:
1. The Halloween show.
2. Next Show: Greed.
3. Finding my groove.
4. Investing in me.

Hi friends-

The Halloween Show. I felt this show went really good. I arrived at the studio early, so I wasn't rushed, as I've been with the other two tapings. I explained the origins of Halloween, and discussed the issue of whether Christians should participate, along with sharing some relevent Old Testament and New Testament verses. I had a brief chance to also go over some basics of the gospel. Re-run times are posted on the web, as well as free articles about Halloween (origins, and the Christian response).

Next Show: Greed. I'm changing the topic for my next show, on Oct. 20th. It will be part 1 of "Greed in the Church." I'm going to talk about the epidemic we have of Televangelists and greed. I'll be covering the top problems and some of the excuses that are given for tolerating it. This is something that I'm feeling as a very strong conviction... long overdue for some judgment... This may be controversial, but I'm really getting passionate about it. We need to straighten this out amongst ourselves, so Jesus doesn't have to "clear the Temple" again...

Finding my groove. I think I'm starting to fit into a new format: presenting a topic, solo, for a 25 minute episode. Each episode presents some Old and New Testament passages, to plant some seeds.

Investing in me. Some people have donated financially... thank you much! Even though it's not much, I take it as a vote of confidence. I feel that these investments are made personally in me. The hope is that I can grow into a mature Televangelist. There, I said it! I'm a Televangelist! Oh man, that hurts... Why does it seem like that's the most shameful occupation someone would have to confess???

...Bernie
http://www.freegoodnews.com/
"Providing free materials for spiritual growth"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home