My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Thur. 10-12-04 FreeGoodNews.com E-Letter No. 8

1 Corinthians 9:18
What then is my reward? Just this: that in preaching the gospel I may offer it free of charge, and so not make use of my rights in preaching it.

Contents:
1. Next Show: Greed.
2. Investing in me.

Hi friends-

Next Show: Greed. Oct. 20th is part 1 of "Greed in the Church." I'm going to talk about the epidemic of greed in Christian ministries today. We need to straighten this out amongst ourselves, so Jesus doesn't have to "clear the Temple" again... The more I look into it, the sicker the situation looks. Now I'm finding much scandal with Hank Hanagraaff "The Bible Answer Man." See this link for more info: http://www.freegoodnews.com/greed-in-church.htm. This is why you won't hear prominent Christian ministries teaching about greed-- far too many of them have been disqualified because of their own greed.Yes, don't worry about me becoming too "judgmental." Worry instead about the church being too much like the Laodecian church judged by Jesus in Rev. 3:14-22 .

Investing in me. Some people have donated financially... thank you much! Even though it's not much, I take it as a vote of confidence. I feel that these investments are made personally in me... not some 'general gift' for some 'general good'... So far, all work is done totally by volunteers (zero salaries or pay). In fact, I'm by far the biggest contributor. Hopefully things will take-off next year when I have programs on oneplace.com . For now, I'm building-up the portfolio of (free) products.

...Bernie
http://www.freegoodnews.com/
"Providing free materials for spiritual growth"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home