My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Sunday, January 09, 2005

1-9-05 Update: Analysis of Executive Pay in Nonprofit Corporations

Hi all-

I just completed a review of 59 nonprofit organizations regarding executive pay. I believe that a top salary should be about $150K. Many fine organizations are under this, while quite a few are over it. Go to this link to see the tables and graph of the most popular organizations doing "good works."

Why am I doing this? It upsets me that there are people making too much money off of the good faith of donors. This is public information, but I don't think the public knows about it. I believe that once it is exposed, those organizations that are more responsible and noble will get rewarded over those that have a problem with greed. I'm doing my part to expose this abuse of public trust. It's especially scandalous when the organization is supposed to be "Christian-based." Thank God that there are noble organizations, such as NW Medical Teams, Doctors without Borders, Compassion International, Habitat for Humanity, etc. It saddens me to report that some Christian organizations, such as Samaritan's Purse, are what I would consider seriously "overboard" in executive compensation.


Since an overseer is entrusted with God's work, he must be blameless–not overbearing, not quicktempered, not given to drunkenness, not violent, not pursuing dishonest gain.

...Bernie
http://www.freegoodnews.com/
"Providing free materials for spiritual growth"

Free Offers:
1.
Free Webcast viewing and MP3 downloads of previous shows
2.
Free Book "Between 2 fires" (regarding life and ministry in the occupied Palestinian territories)
3.
Free audio Bible on MP3 by AudioTreasure.com
4.
E-Sword Free Bible and Bible Study Software (Bibles, Bible Dictionaries, Commentaries, Maps, etc)

If you would like to be removed from this email list, just reply to
Bernie@FreeGoodNews.com and let him know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home