My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Tue. 10-19-04 FreeGoodNews.com E-Letter No. 9

Luke 16:14
The Pharisees, who loved money, heard all this and were sneering at Jesus.

Contents:
1. Getting Started (Next Show: Greed)
2. Future Shows

Hi friends-

Getting Started. Look at that verse, above. Can you believe that the supreme religious leaders at the time of Jesus were judged to have been lovers of money? Why they even tithed! Ok, don't get me started now... that's the topic for my show tomorrow night (Wed. 10-20-04). It will be on Ch. 11, 8-8:30 pm, viewable in the tri-county area.Thank the Lord, there are a few very noble large Christian ministries that are doing a fantastic job when it comes to REASONABLE exec. pay: NW Medical Teams, Coral Ridge Ministries, Focus on the Family, and Compassion International.

Future Shows:LDS: I'm working with an LDS (Mormon) to do a show talking about the nature of God according to our differing beliefs (trinity vs LDS concept). This should be a real eye-opener, and fun (I know, I'm weird to think this is fun!).Tithe: I'll also be doing a show on the true Christian view of "tithing," rather than what they teach or imply in most Christian Evangelical churches. I'll do this with Doug Wilbanks, my co-host from the Israeli Crisis series we did. We both attend Beaverton Christian Church, and he was an elder there at one time.E-Sword: I look forward to doing a show on how to use this free Bible research software program. With it, you can look up Bible verses in many translations, see maps, and use multiple Bible Dictionaries. It's really powerful. It's listed for download in my "free" section of the web (or just click here ). I've been using this for research, and appreciate especially the Bible Dictionaries which provide concise descriptions of topics, such as "heaven," "hell," and "tithe"...

...Bernie
http://www.freegoodnews.com/
"Providing free materials for spiritual growth"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home