My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

FGN Update 3-6-05

Webcasts: http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/247

Hi all, just a quick email,

1. Good movie to see
2. Board of Directors update
3. Webcasts for this week
4. Feedback (from a major CEO)

1. Good movie. Here's a great movie to bring your friends to: it's a dramady called "Diary of a mad black woman." It's entertaining. Best yet, it introduces many elements of faith (God, Bible, Jesus, prayer, forgiveness) in a very entertaining and non-threatening way.

2. Board of Directors. I heard back from the IRS; I'm close to getting my 501(c)(3) recognition (maybe as soon as this week!). One of the conditions I needed to meet was expanding the Board of Directors. There are now three others on the Board (click here to read about them).

3. This week's webcast. Now playing is my original episode on "Greed in the Church." I point out, by name, some of the popular ministries that have a serious problem with greed, and some that serve as role-models. Among the role-models are Coral Ridge Ministries, Focus on the Family, and NW Medical Teams. Listen to the webcast to hear more about these, and "the bad boys" (click here).

Greed, #1 of 2
Sunday, March 06, 2005
Bernie Dehler shares his opinion about greed in the church at large, today. How different than the early disciples who gave it ALL up for God (Luke 12:33; Luke 18:28; Acts 4:32-35). Some "ministers" need to be reminded that we cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24

4. Feedback from a major CEO. This is in reference to my study of CEO's here (see this and this).

Hello Bernie:

I just visited your site about CEO for nonprofits. As a CEO I know what one should make and I appreciate you bringing to light how much my associates are making. May God always bless your ministry.

Sincerely,

Roger Presgrove
Children's Network International
Roger Presgrove
President
Children's Network International
www.childrensnetworkinternational.org

. ...Bernie
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/247
(To get removed from this list, just reply and tell me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home