My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Feedback on 10-20-04 "Greed"

2 Corinthians 12:9

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my
power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

A few notes about how I think the show went.

I'm starting to come down with something, so I was going to take some cough syrup before I left for the studio. I forgot. So of course, I was having great difficulty trying to talk "smoothly." I was wondering if the viewer thought my voice was breaking because I was getting emotional-- but it was just that I had a lot of congestion.I was also thrown-off schedule because although I got there 1 hr. early, the "cop talk" show was using the studio before me. I had only 10 minutes to set-up. On the plus side, I got to see how they handle their phone calls, which may be helpful in the future.Finally, the last bummer, the time ran out too fast. I barely got through my introductory material. I didn't have time to get into the meat of it, or present a summary. On the plus side, I did share some important scripures, so at least God's word was planted. The next show on 11/3/04 I'll be covering "What is a tithe?" I believe most Evangelical Churches that teach tithing are teaching error. My cohost is a former elder of the church I attend, and he's also researched this topic. Just remember, it's not true that 10% of our income belongs to God. It ALL belongs to Him, and we are called to be good stewards. Forget about 10% or any percentage, and ask God how much and to whom to give it to.

....Bernie
http://www.FreeGoodNews.com
"Providing free materials for spiritual growth"

later that day...

Great news!

I just got my first donation from a random TV viewer in Tigard. Thanks Bob! The $100 helps, but also the vote of confidence is nice. I'm still planning to get these on the
internet at oneplace.com in Nov./Dec. 2004.

After this show on greed, I got about 3 or 4 emails, all asking more questions or having positive feedback. I'm looking forward to trying it again, and doing a better comprehensive presentation. I'm definitely a work in progress.

By the way, I just finished my seminary class called "Leadership." Let me share a quote with you that really touches me, and I plan to make a poster of it for myself:


"Every preacher ought to be primarily a prophet of God who preaches as God bids him, without regard to results. When he becomes conscious of the fact that he is a leader in his own church or denomination, he has reached a crisis in his ministry. He must now choose one of two courses, that of prophet of God or a leader of men. If he seeks to be a prophet and a leader, he is apt to make a failure of both. If he decides to be a prophet only insofar as he can do without losing his leadership, he becomes a diplomat and ceases to be a prophet at all. If he decides to maintain leadership at all costs, he may easily fall to the level of a politician who pulls the wires in order to gain or hold a position."
(A.C. Dixon)

Combine this with the question: "What would you do if you knew you couldn't fail?" and you have a recipe for impacting the world in a major way.

...Bernie
http://www.freegoodnews.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home