My Photo
Name:
Location: Hillsboro, Oregon

Bernie Dehler is the Executive Director of FreeGoodNews.com. To learn more about Bernie and the FreeGoodNews.com ministry, click here.

Sunday, March 13, 2005

FGN Update 3-13-05

Hi all, just a quick email,

1. CBE's show now on webcast. (Click here to view.)
2. IRS Update.
3. A good movie to see.

1. THE CBE Interview. There's a theological battle within Evangelic Christianity regarding "gender equality" (click here to read about it; an article by Professor Roland Cap Ehlke of Concordia University Wisconsin). Should women be under authority of man, or should they be totally equal before God? I interviewed Mimi Haddad, the President of CBE, which stands for full equality. Click here to watch the webcast, or listen to the audio. Click here to read more about the historical role of women in the church (magazine article). Click here for more info on CBE.

2. IRS Update. I'm on the verge of getting 501(C)(3) approval. I sent in all my additional requested info, and the agent wants to talk to me. I don't seen any indications of any problems, so it could be real soon.

3. Good movie. Like I said in my last email, there's a good movie to bring your friends to: it's a dramady called "Diary of a mad black woman" (click here for info). It's entertaining. Best yet, it introduces many elements of faith (God, Bible, Jesus, prayer, forgiveness) in a very entertaining and non-threatening way. Let me know if you see it and if you like it; just curious. I've never seem a mainstream secular movie that weaves in as much Christianity..

...Bernie
http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/247
(To get removed from this list, just reply and tell me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home